The Oklahoma Native Assets Coalition, Inc. (ONAC) has partnered with IRS Stakeholder Partnerships, Education, and Communication (SPEC) and agreed to post a link on our website to MyFreeTaxes.com.
For the next tax season, if you are a filing a simple return, and have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) under $66,000 per tax return, you are invited to file your state and federal returns, for free, by using this MyFreeTaxes link: https://www.unitedway.org/myfreetaxes/.
To file your taxes on MyFreeTaxes.com, you will need the following:
• Last year’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) when e-filing you must enter last year’s AGI to validate your return. You can obtain this from last year’s tax return or through the IRS (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/electronic-filing-pin-request). MyFreeTaxes, using H&R Block’s software, allows you to import your previous year returns from other tax preparation software.
• W-2s for each job held in 2017 for each person in the household, this form reports your name, wages, and other tax information to the IRS.
• 1099s showing other income (unemployment, social security, school loans, health care reimbursement, state tax refund, gambling winnings, contract work) that is reported to the IRS.
• 1098s showing payments you’ve made (school loans, property tax).
• 1095-A if you received a tax credit from the https://www.healthcare.gov marketplace.
• Income/interest statements received for any savings account/investments.
• Bank account numbers: a voided check or your bank or credit union's routing number and savings or checking account number for your refund to be deposited automatically into your account through direct deposit.
• Last year's tax return (if you have it).
Since 2009, MyFreeTaxes has helped millions of taxpayers claim their eligible tax credits. It saves every consumer an average of $200 on tax filing fees, and ensures they get their maximum refund. The IRS is promoting this partnership.
For those wishing to file in person at a Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site, you may search for sites near you at https://www.irs.gov (under the site locator by zip code, this feature is usually available after the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday).
Please note: If you, or someone you know, have less than $48,340 ($53,930 if married filing jointly) in adjusted gross income, you may be eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).